So…. I disappeared. I didn’t mean to. I got really busy between work and life, and for about a week I couldn’t get into my wordpress. Lord knows why. I had to make phone calls with people, verify my identity and change my password like a dozen times before they finally let me in today. I’m really sorry to anyone who is still lurking about and paying attention to this blog. I know there are probably like… 4 of you, but I appreciate your reading this and being patient with me.
Right now I’m writing between assignments. Earlier this afternoon, I was on a video shoot for work at a high school, and tonight I am going to be on a DUI detail. I’m excited about it but am also so behind in personal stuff. And given there has been so much time passed since my last blog, I’m just going to break this down to the good, the bad and the ugly.
- My running is getting better. I’m at the point where I can run a quarter mile at 4.3 on the treadmill, then walk .2 miles and not get my heart rate over 170. I am slowly adding distance per running segment in hopes that soon I’ll be able to eliminate the walking blocks all together but I am forcing myself to be patient. It’s not easy.
- I’m now paying for Spotify, and I am so glad I started doing it. Unlimited skipping, no more commercials, AND I can download playlists so I can listen to them when I’m out of data/wifi range. No more excuses for losing my running playlists.
- They are currently renovating the building across from mine to fit the gym in there. That has me thinking that I could easily run here at the end of my day and still make it to the gym for the classes I want to take. I’m excited for that to happen. It’s a few months away from being completed. It’s LITERALLY just across the sidewalk. Love.
- I’m really digging my running shoes right now, and need to get a few more pairs. They are great, asics and that’s about all I know. I also need to get a different pair of shoes for work and a third for cross training because wearing my running shoes all the time is a slight issue. Yay, shopping!
- I got complimented by a coworker to said that it looks like I’m losing weight. My last weigh in had me at 212, so a couple of pounds yeah. Yay!
- I had to change my race plans. I’m now not going to do the October half marathon in order to allow myself time to continue the good progress I have with my heart in my running. I am, however, adding a challenge (half and 5k) the weekend before my first marathon. Because I’m crazy. And probably stupid.
- Migraines are a bit out of control, and that’s hindering my progress. No me gusta.
- I have yet to make it through my plan of double workouts TUE – THU. It’s frustrating me, and while part of it is work related time issues and scheduling… it still frustrates me. I have to focus on getting this done.
- Dreamboat starts double shifts in September, which means we REALLY need to focus on the meal planning and cooking of meats and the like on Sundays. I mean REALLY focus on it. Because it will be an issue, I can already see it happening. That means I have to focus on making a real meal plan and sticking to it. I’m not good at that, and neither is he.
- I’m over feeling like I’m constantly dehydrated. I don’t know if it’s the fact that we are living in Satan’s Butthole (AKA Florida) or if it’s the heart meds I’m on. But I hates it.
- In the matter of a week, I got a migraine, a nasty eye infection that left me wearing my glasses for two weeks, and a cavity that didn’t hurt then but does now. When I do it, I go all out. (Dreamboat also had a tooth issue and currently has a hole in his jaw. It’s kind of terrifying. He’s getting fitted for an implant)
- My compression shorts have me feeling like a busted can of biscuits. And my shirts don’t fit like they used to. Makes for a grouchy Jamie.
- I really need to focus on the Gluten Free diet again, because I’m not and it’s a big bloaty mess.
- Fat girl chafing. NOT A FAN.
- Freaken WordPress doesn’t know if I’m me. But I am me. I AM ME.
So that’s that in a nutshell. I will update you more soon! Right now, I have to sit in a briefing and learn why we are going to stop people from drinking and driving tonight. 🙂