That happened quickly.
The cool thing with the start of a new month is a chance to start over and really focus on what is important. A lot of things change in August: school is back in session, football season starts, and suddenly you are filled with a very hefty calendar of events and games to make sure you get to. That’s why keeping a solid game plan is the best way to make sure you stick to your own personal goals.
At least that’s how I see it.
August is going to be a tough month for me, I think. I’m in the hunt for a new job, and there is a good chance I found one that happens to be 45 minutes away. If I get it, I will need to get my fit plan figured out and keep it as solid as possible. There won’t be much wiggle room on timing of when I can work out, and I will have to stick to food prep and making lunches. The good side of this is it will force me to stick to my habits, the bad thing is I will really, really have to focus to make it happen.
However, if it DOESN’T happen, then I still have the flexibility in working out as I can, when I can (read: either AM or PM depending on how I feel) and I can continue to cook at a leisurely pace. Not that I’m great at cooking, but I’m getting better! 🙂
Anyway – here are my August Goals:
- Journal Every Day: I have two journals. One is for my emotional state of mind that comes from years ago when I was first diagnosed with depression. My then therapist said to write out the thoughts that are running in my head to get them out and once I do that, I will feel lighter. It doesn’t work all the time but it does most of the time. The other is my fitness journal, and in that is my fitness and diet stuff, habits I want to form, things of that sort. I need to do this once a day in order to find peace.
- Stick to Work Out Plan: Running, yoga, meditation. It’s a must.
- Cook More: While I have been cooking a lot since I have been unemployed, I could do better. I need to bust out some recipes and start making some creative things for dinners and lunches. I have a subscription to Cooking Light and they usually have a ton of recipes that are delicious. What am I waiting for? Let’s learn how to cook!
- Sassy Girl Night once a week: a bath with a bath bomb from LUSH and a mud mask, or an evening of coloring and music, or even just relaxing with a good book. I deserve a good girly session once a week.
- Spend more time outside: It’s still hot as shit in Florida right now, but I’m sure I can find a way to spend some time outdoors each week.
What are your August Goals?