So there seems to be a lot of new faces around here. Hello new faces! Welcome to the world of Idiot Runner Girl!
And hello loyal readers! Glad you are sticking through the drama that is a girl finding her way to running and all that fun stuff.
Since I haven’t done one of these in a while, I figured today I can share 20 little random facts about myself. THEN – you can do it about YOURSELF in the comments!
Sound like fun? Good. 🙂 Let’s get started.
1. I’m Jamie. Also known as Idiot Runner Girl. Also known as that crazy girl who runs all her races in tutus. I live in Jacksonville, Florida.
2. Speaking of tutus, I have about 10 of them hanging up in my guest room closet. Some of them need to be retired and remade, to be honest. They get beaten up a lot on my races. But I won’t do that until I have the time to sit around and remake them. Those things take a few hours to make.
3. I like PowerBar gels the best. Their texture is great for a mid-run pick me up and their flavors are pretty good. I will – however – steal all of your peppermint Gu. Just saying.
4. Fall is my favorite season. I love the cooler weather (well, as cool as you can get in Florida) and I love everything that goes with fall. Pumpkin everything, changing of the leaves, cool breezes, mulled wine and cider, amazing apple dishes… it’s my favorite.
5. I work on Saturday mornings which makes doing races really hard. I also don’t get a lot of Saturdays off. So my usual race schedule of 15-20 races a year has dropped significantly. It’s a major bummer for me. But I’m hoping to still be able to get my 35 races next year for my 35th birthday.
6. I like Gatorade. My favorite flavor is fruit punch. No, I’m not a Gator fan. (random fact: Gatorade is actually a product of the ingenuity of the University of Florida)
7. I used to do body pump 3x a week. I miss it dearly, but a gym membership right now just isn’t in the cards. I’m hoping that once I have a major bill paid off December 2015, I can invest in that and get back into it. But for now, I’m just trying to get back in the habit for serious half training.
8. I’m a writer at heart, and it frustrates me that I don’t have the time to dedicate to it like I used to. I understand that it’s part of growing up and being an adult, but sometimes I look at other bloggers/writers who are able to knock out all kinds of stuff with all the responsibilities I have and more and I just wonder “how in the hell did they do all of that?!” I’m working on getting back into a groove.
9. I’m a creature of habit. Once it becomes habit, it’s just something I do. When I fall out of habit of something, it’s usually because I have something shaken up and things have changed. But once I am doing something consistently, I do it. I eat a Greek yogurt every day because it’s habit. I have one cup of coffee every day because it’s habit. I check in with the Dreamboat at about 3pm every day because it’s habit. I just do it. It’s part of my daily routine. Habits are weird.
10. I have mixed feelings on “runner swag.” I get most of my gear from Target. They carry the Champion brand that I love. Some of my tops are also from Old Navy, because I like how those bubble shirts look on me. I have a bunch of Balega socks, because they don’t give me blisters, and I get Mizuno shoes. I own a runner’s belt (for races) and a hand held water bottle (I run in Florida. Today, with the heat index, it’s 105 degrees outside) but all that other stuff? I don’t own it. I don’t own a running skirt, or calf sleeves or a fancy watch or any of that stuff. Part of me wants to get a watch, but the other stuff isn’t a necessity, IMO. But I’m in the minority in that opinion. 🙂
11. I’m a complete music whore. And my music obsession has gotten a lot cheaper thanks to internet radio and Spotify. I have a “Shut Up and Run” playlist on my Spotify that I’m constantly changing with new and fun music for my running. In fact, I have a ton of playlists on Spotify. And a ton of stations on Pandora. And I own almost 15 gigs of music. And over 300 CDs. There is easily 50 in my car right now. I need music in my life. I want my life to have a soundtrack. 🙂
12. The half marathon is my favorite distance. I feel like it’s the right amount of miles to be doable in a reasonable time that won’t take up your entire day, but still a good tough challenge. My goal time is still 2:30 for a half. Right now, I’m at 2:48 I believe. With some serious training and focus, I am hoping to get to 2:30 by end of the year while running the Jax Bank Half.
Okay!! Your turn! 12 things about you! In the comments. GO!