The Liebster Award is an online award by bloggers for bloggers. It helps to generate attention for new and upcoming bloggers, typically those with 200 followers or less. What’s crazy about this is not one, but TWO fellow bloggers nominated me for this award. Craziness right?
Lauren from Finish Line Runner, and David from Captain Speedypants both nominated me just hours apart. So I’m going to answer BOTH sets of questions.
Here’s how it works:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award
4. You must create 10 questions for your nominees.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees.
So to get this thing rolling!
Here are my answers to Lauren’s questions:
1. What is the greatest challenge you have overcome?
– Tough question, but if it were me personally, it’s the migraines and the migraine surgery. That was a hot mess from the very start. I felt like the migraines were most certainly going to kill me so when the surgery became an option, I literally jumped at the chance. I even went so far as to say that I’d pay it out of pocket if that was what it took. It’s been hell trying to get back to where I was fitness wise, but I haven’t had a migraine like I used to get since the day before surgery. I call that a win.
2. What is the one job you wish you had?
– I always wanted to work in music, editing music videos and having a hand in the creative process of making music videos. There was just something so creative and unique, being able to escape to a place that you created – either real or digitally – that would fit to the words of a beautiful song… I still sometimes wish I was able to do it.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
– Key West. Or Raleigh. I love both places.
4. Who is your favorite athlete?
– Honestly, I don’t have one. Not really. I love a few race car drivers from NASCAR, but other than that, I don’t follow sports. I was rooting for Shalane in the Boston Marathon though. It would have been epic if she had run. She’s one of those inspirational people I can see becoming a favorite athlete.
5. What was your first job?
– My very first job was a sales associate at Michael’s Art and Crafts. I love arts and crafts!
6. Have you ever had breakfast for dinner? And, is it a must every once in awhile?
– Yep! I think it’s worth it once in a while, especially if you do really amazing omelettes. Just because it’s eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and the like doesn’t mean it’s ONLY for breakfast!
7. What is your most awkward moment?
– Today, you mean? I’m awkward period. I am super awkward meeting new people but once I get to know you, it’s on like donkey kong. 🙂
8. Treadmill running or outside running? Why?
– I LOATHE Treadmill running. I’d very much rather run outside. There’s just something about being able to actually feel the movement, of actually MOVING forward… I run on the treadmill if I am running late and need to do a quick run because it’s in my complex and I can jump off if time gets away from me, or I am injured and need to take it easy, but I would MUCH rather be outside.
9. Who is your best friend? For how long?
– Let’s see: Kat since elementary school, Heather since middle school, and Amber from about 5 years ago. Elizabeth and I were best friends in college, but we have since drifted apart.
10. What is the best advice you have received?
– Arrive expecting to push yourself, and leave with no regrets. It was a quote that Joe Flynn, from Paradigm Winterguard
told us YEARS ago when we were marching. I think it was my age out year. It just resonated with me and since then, I’ve always counted it as the best advice anyone has ever given me. Ever.
And here is David’s questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
– It all started back when I would post on the SHAPE magazine message boards. I would keep a specific post as a journal and post my updates there. Unfortunately, you learn really quickly that people – especially women – can suck the life and soul out of you and make you feel worthless. So I decided to leave that and head out on my own and start my own fitness blog to go with my newsy, normal life blog. Suddenly, this blog has taken over, and I haven’t updated my newsy, normal life blog in a year. Oops.
2. What is your main goal for 2014?
– Get my fat ass in shape. haha!! Seriously, though, it’s to drop some of the weight I put on since the surgery and to really buckle down and make running a priority again. I’m having a hard time making it work because my work life is so crazy hectic and I’m not a morning runner, but I have to run before work because if I don’t I know I won’t run. So making a lifestyle change for the healthier.
3. If you didn’t have to worry about money, what would you spend your days doing?
– Writing my books, publishing them, running and relaxing in Key West.
4. Do you prefer short and fast or long and slow? (I mean running race distances, you dirty minded people)
– Running? Long and semi-fast. A comfortable 11 minute pace. I like half marathons and 10ks. I usually end up using the first mile or two as a warm up and then hit my awesome speed. As for other things…. 😉
5. Do you prefer working out in a gym or at home?
– GYM. Total gym rat here. When I had a membership (And I worked nights) I was working out at the gym for 2 hours every morning, and then running on my dinner break. I would LOVE to be able to do that again!
6. What sports, athletes, teams do you follow?
– I’ve become a big NASCAR fan. I blame Dreamboat. I like Tony and Danica. I’m starting to like the Bush brothers. Cocky, egotistical, and snarky. Kind of like me. haha! 🙂 I also like the Jacksonville Sharks, the local indoor football team. 🙂
7. Where did you grow up and what is that area known for?
I grew up in Jacksonville, Florida – and right now it’s known as the murder capital of Florida. It’s also the second deadliest city behind Chicago, but I can’t prove that one. It’s also the home to Limp Bizkit, Shinedown, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, and Lynard Skynard. When you hear LB talk about the Matthews Bridge or LS talk about the Westside, I know where they are talking about.
8. Are you a dog or cat person, and why?
– Dog, all the way. I have a Hocus, she is a lab/shepherd mix who is 11 and thinks she is a lap dog. She’s also super jealous of my niece.
9. What is you favorite food?
– I could live on sushi, Mexican, pizza, and Mediterranean. Not all together.
10. What makes you unique?
– A few years ago, my best friend Amber gave me the nickname of an ‘angry hippie’ because I look like a tree hugger, but listen to loud rock music on the regular and am constantly angry about something. Which isn’t necessarily true. I listen to lots of other music too, and I’m not ALWAYS angry… but then again I do work in TV News so it’s expected to be angry. 🙂
My next step is to nominate 10 bloggers:
And here are my 10 questions!!
1. If money was no object, where would your dream vacation be?
2. What is your quick, go to meal for when you are in a time crunch?
3. Life gets busy sometimes! How do you like to detox and de-stress?
4. Everyone loves to get active. What’s your favorite? If you run, how far?
5. On the run nutrition: Favorite packed snack?
6. Guilty Pleasure? Go. 🙂
7. What is your most memorable moment, fitness or otherwise?
8. OMG! I LOVE this song! (what song is it?)
9. Beach babe or pool side?
10. What is the one quote that gets you through everything?
Thanks again for giving me the award, guys, and for allowing me to feature other blogs I like as well!
GOOD LUCK! 🙂