I haven’t been very consistent with my blogging lately. This year has been slammed with medical emergencies, craziness with work and just the insanity of life. I feel horrible about that, having complained to Dreamboat repeatedly about how I’ve been slacking on the blog. I have a refocus plan ready for January to get back to where I was.
So you can imagine my surprise when Nick at Striding Towards Life nominated me for a Sunshine Award. I hadn’t read the comment right away because I had been so busy and was startled when I did.
Here is what he said:
It’s not enough, but your grit and determination are among the things that led me to nominate you for a Sunshine Award. Stop by my blog and check it out, I really feel you deserve it!
Being recognized by your friends and family is one thing. You expect them to be on your side and cheer you on, no matter what you do. But being recognized by your peers and by other blogs that you admire and read is something more. Nick, thank you so much for nominating me and for your kind words. It is so nice to know that there are actual people reading this little ditty of mine, following my adventures, starting their own and sharing them with me. I appreciate you!
The rules of this award are very simple:
- Display the badge on a post (it will reside in my sidebar as well!)
- Link back to the person who nominated me, and answer 10 questions sent to me by that person.
- Select another 10 bloggers to nominate – people I really enjoy reading, who I believe are worth sharing with others; post links to their sites; and send them my own list of 10 questions.
Let’s start with my answers to the questions sent to me –
Now the hardest part – 10 questions for each of these bloggers to answer…I had to really think about this part, since I purposely expanded the field beyond running blogs:
- How long have you been blogging, and what inspired you to begin? – Well, the blog turned 1 earlier this year, but I’ve always written in some kind of way. I used to have a little ditty over at the Shape Magazine message boards, but when they changed how things worked, I hated the redesign and left them. Now, I blog to share my experiences and life. I use it more like a online diary instead of just a blog. When I started having people following me, that’s when I started to change up my posts some and gear it toward informing others of what I knew.
- Read the book, or see the movie – if you get a choice, which comes first? – Read the book! Books are almost always better. The kind of things that your brain can come up with is always cooler than what can be created in movies anyway.
- What have you already crossed off your “bucket list”? – I need to MAKE a bucket list. BUT that being said, I love to travel and have been to Cyprus, England, Ireland, and Scotland. I don’t live that interesting of a life, I suppose! haha!
- Coffee, tea, or caffeine-free? – The more caffeine the better! I’m a total caffeine junkie. I have coffee every morning, and I drink tea and soda (I know, I know, so bad) and I use caffeinated gels and I love caffeine. Yay caffeine 🙂
- What song on your playlist are you most likely to put on “repeat”? – I have so many songs on my playlist that are on repeat, it’s stupid. I love anything with a good beat and rock music: Linkin Park is one of my favorite bands, any of the mash ups are amazing, Hollywood Undead, Daft Punk, anything remixed… I will skip through music until I find a song, and then replay it four or five times before moving on. Music is my life.
- What was your first paycheck job, and how long did you work there? – My first job was working as an administrative assistant at FSCJ in the admissions office, and I was there for two and a half years. I also worked at Michael’s, Old Navy, and my longest job is here at WJXT.
- Ever drive a motorcycle? Would you? – I never have but always wanted one. I still want one. I just think they are badass rides and would be fantastic to have one. I’d have a black, grey and purple helmet. Black and grey flames with purple highlights. And I’d have ‘Enigma’ airbrushed on it somewhere. It’s my pen name. 🙂
- Early bird or night owl? Total night owl. Makes it super hard to get up in the morning to run. In fact, it’s why I keep failing at it! I’m more likely to run after work and get home at 8pm than I am to get my butt out of bed at 5am and go run. I hate mornings, and I love my sleep!
- What movie have you seen the most times, and how many? – The Crow, and I’ve lost count. I know the movie by heart. I quote it while I watch it. It’s the movie that helped define me as who I wanted to be and entrenched my dark side. Which is still there to this day, it’s just a little bit more hidden thanks to working in the public eye.
- Name a food you could eat every day, if cost or calories were no object. – Ice Cream. Sushi. Tacos. I can’t pick just one. Those are three of my favorites. I firmly believe that ice cream is the universal cure all and wars could be ended if we could just have an ice cream social. I adore sushi. It’s healthy and it’s delicious. And tacos! I love Mexican food! 🙂
NOW: I’m suppose to pick blogs and tag them so they can come back and do the same thing!
HERE ARE YOUR QUESTIONS:
1. How do you find time in your busy schedule to blog?
2. What is your greatest motivation?
3. What is your go to fuel for running/working out?
4. Name three things that you have with you at all times.
5. Are you doing your dream job? If not, what is your dream job?
6. What is one thing that leaves you awestruck no matter how many times you see it?
7. What is your favorite quote?
8. Greatest adventure you have done to date?
9. What is your greatest challenge when it comes to getting fit?
10. Who inspires you?