So lots has happened in the past say….3 days. Unfortunately there wasn’t a lot of running. BUT – there was a lot of other things that are important to me and important to my health. Ready for the list of updates?
* I got my computer up and running at home! So excited about that. Now I need to set it back up and see what I lost. I’m hoping nothing, but when a power supply fries, sometimes you can lose stuff. So I’m hoping that nothing was lost, and that I can get the box up and running again before I go on vacation.
* Which I leave for on Friday morning. I’ll be all cellular updating. I’m going to Ohio (from Florida. And we are driving. Yes, we are crazy) to see my twin cousins graduate from High School. They are the last ones out of all of us grand kids to do so, myself being the second or third. It’s kind of a crazy thing, and we wanted to be there for the ride.
* I had my skin check today and had two moles removed. TWO. And I need to get TWO more removed. Crazy scary if you think about it, and this does not feel that fantastic. But knowing that I got a skin check and I’m taking another step toward healthy is worth the pain. (btw – my boobs, where the moles where, are starting to hurt)
* Embracing the Gluten Free diet is hard but necessary. I’m digging the feeling good, but it sucks that I have such little options when going out with friends. When we went to Putt N Crawl, the only GF options I had were salads. Not always what you want at the beach-each and hanging with friends. Also – I really like beer now and it’s got wheat in it. Bummer. I’m working on making my entire diet gluten free again. I do feel fantastic without it so it should work out well. What’s your favorite wheat free meal?
* I haven’t been running too much lately, which sucks, but I have been doing cross training and strength training. I want to get stronger before I start running 20+ miles again. I like running at night, but with the typical Florida summer – nights mean daily thunder storms and then I am stuck running bridges in the rain. I am going to try and start running in the morning, starting next week. I wanted to do it this week, but I did cardio/boxing instead. Tomorrow, though…5:30am runs. Who’s with me!?
* My fall race calendar is planned, I just need to find the finances to do the two races not sponsored by my station. The St. Augustine Half and the Space Coast Half. The St. Aug one is easy to do. Kat’s father lives in St. Augustine, so we can crash with him the night before the race. The Space Coast one is going to be pricey because we will need to get a hotel room. Who’s going to that race? Anyone interested in sharing a room with a clean, freakishly responsible couple? 😀 (of course, that’s other than Marissa, who already confirmed she wanted to go with us)
I think that’s it. How are YOU doing? 🙂