Way back earlier this month when I was still in LA, I was nominated for a Very Inspiring Blogger award by Ashley, also known as Amateur Healthy Girl, and since I’m just now getting around to being healthy enough to blog a little bit more coherantly, I wanted to give her a shout out and a huge THANKS!!! It’s really sweet to be nominated and I’m glad that someone finds my little bit of randomness here inspiring. You can see her post about her nomination here as well as see what other blogs she finds super inspiring!
As part of this process, I’m supposed to tell you seven things about myself, and then nominate seven other blogs that I find inspiring. Then those people will be all “YAY!!!” and have to write seven things about themselves, and then nominate seven other blogs. It’s a vicious cycle of inspiration. Let’s see if I have seven things that you guys don’t already know about me…
1. I’m a writer. I love to write and I love the creative process of it. I have a manuscript already finished and I’m editing it now so I can find a way to get it published, and am in the process of working on a second novel as well. My process is a little odd but I have been told that my characters are insanely lovable, that my stories draw readers in, and that I’m good at it. I don’t know about all that, I just know that I like to write and I like to tell stories…and I’d love to see one of those stories in print. Someday it’ll happen. Right now, I’ll keep on keeping on and let those fanfiction guru’s find my stuff that way.
2. I’m not a morning person. At all. I’m grumpy in the AM which is why getting up at 5am on Friday Mornings to meet Kat to run is pretty freaken dedicated because I absolutely hate the mornings. I work nights and I don’t usually get home till after midnight so anything before say 9am is way to early for me. But, I need to learn to be more of a morning person because it’s getting HOT out and I need to run before it’s 112 outside.
3. Nothing I own is plain. Everything is decorated in some fashion. My car is covered in stickers, my book bag and my messenger bag have pins all over them, my monitor has notes and pictures taped to it…nothing is just left as it is. A lot of it has to do with self expression. I spent so much time being what other people wanted me to be, whether it was because of dance and guard or because of a uniform, that now that I’m an adult I am taking my creative juices and splashing them everywhere. At one point I even had purple hair, and I miss that like whoa. I don’t do ordinary.
4. I’m a very raw, bluntly honest person…and I don’t know if that’s good or bad. It’s who I am. If you ask me my opinion, I’ll tell you…but I don’t sugarcoat it unless I am really focused on my thoughts. My internal edit button doesn’t always work and I’ve lost a lot of friends because of it. The ones who have stuck by me actually appreciate how I am, and for that I am thankful.
5. I’m such an emotional person. I love fiercely, I care deeply, I get angry quickly, and I fight viciously for what I know is right because I just feel so much. I’m not the logical one at all and when I am being the logical one, it means I’ve had to put my emotions on the back burner in order to get things done. I thank working in television news for teaching me that trick.
6. I am actually pretty anti-social. I know that sounds odd coming from me since I seem to always be out and about, but the truth is I have a very tight circle of friends that I hang out with and do things with and if it weren’t for them I’d always be at home doing nothing. I don’t meet new people easily and I tend to say the wrong thing on a normal basis (hence number 4) and I just am better off being with the people I know. If I am in a crowd of people I don’t know, I usually stand off in the distance, just silently watching.
7. I have an insane fear of bugs that will leave me running in fear crying hysterically and hyperventilating. I’m so not kidding. I once called and woke up my now husband from a dead sleep because there was a huge locust in front of our door keeping me from being able to get into our apartment. I’ve tried everything to fight off the fear, but the truth is I can’t win. I’m terrified of bugs. Ladybugs, flies, butterflies…I’ll flinch if they fly by me but then I’m okay…but anything else and I’m a goner.
My Nominations! 🙂
Amateur Healthy Girl: Is it wrong that I wanna nominate her back? Her posts are full of win. I enjoy her blogging, she’s super knowledgeable, and she has an awesome dog that makes me want to find her and let mine play with hers.
A Gift On The Run: This girl blogs about running, and takes a ton of photos. I love it. As a photo junkie myself, I appreciate this!
Swim. Bike. Run. 3DURANCE: Another Florida runner who can empathize about the swealtering heat and the insane humidity. Plus, she makes me wanna attempt a tri.
Low Fat Summer: I see so much of myself in this girl…she’s just like me when I was starting out. She’s determined and she’s honest with herself, and she has rockin outfits that make me wish I was more of a fashionista.
Nerd That Runs: I stumbled on his blog by accident, and have been hooked ever since. He’s a science nerd. Who runs. And he’s a cutie.
Amy On The Run: Her posts crack me up. Just about everything she posts has me going OMG! ME TOO!
Aslan’s Own: This one actually has nothing to do with running. My friend Charlie runs this one, and it’s basically about finding peace with yourself and with God. It’s weird – She’s a Christian and I’m Jewish…but a lot of her posts are not religion specific and I feel like we have the same understandings and views. We’ve sat and had long conversations about this kind of stuff before and it’s really insightful.